Other Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Urban Fantasy



Hello!
I apologize for missing my Friday wild card, but I was away from the house from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm and I was tired and didn't want to.


Anyhow, I had a really good idea for a story that I wanted to share with you all.
Imagine a detective with the power to talk to the dead. I'm sure you all know I'm writing a detective story already, but I am rather prone to mysteries. So. Yep.
My original idea was a detective, but then I realized Ulysses does not need an army of zombies, thank you very much.
I changed it a little since then, but it's still in the works and subject to change.
Now it's a sort of punky kid with necromantic powers. After a string of murders, the police hire him to figure out who killed them and why.
That's all I have so far.
Most of what I know is there's a lot of 'street magic' like magic graffiti and charms kids learn in school and lots of fun magical magic. I might do it for the next camp NaNo if I don't have another Ulysses book ready. We'll have to see.


What do you all think of urban fantasy? Love it? Hate it? Donate a piece of your soul to it once a week? Let me know in the comments!