Other Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

I Don't Know What to Write




Well, it's Monday, and that usually means writing posts. But to be perfectly honest with you all, I have no idea what to write about.
This is extending into practically every story I'm writing right now. My second draft of my NaNo novel, a supernatural comedy,  ideas for my camp NaNo story, really nothing. 
My creativity faucet has just turned off.
I can't even say why. It's sad, really.
Even trying to blog is hard.
So I extend the question to you all:
How do you know what to blog about? Do your readers ask you for things?
Do you follow a certain theme?
For now, since I can't think of anything else, I'll post my favorite writer's block busting methods:

1. Move to a different scene
Obviously this does not work when writing blog posts. But when I'm stuck on a story, I skip to a scene I'm looking forward to. It gets me excited about what I'm writing again and it helps move things along.

2. Write in a different location
I had to drive my sister to her drum lesson, I had an hour or so to wait for her, so I brought my laptop. The change of scenery helped quite a bit, it was much nicer than staring at a wall. I got quite a bit done.

3. Start writing a different story altogether.
If Ulysses is giving me trouble, I'll switch to writing about werewolves and vampires. It's sort of a mental jumpstart to get me writing again.

What about you all? How do you get writing inspiration when you're stuck?
How do you come up with blog post ideas?