Other Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Beautiful People: Ulysses takes over


Well, today Ulysses is taking over this blog post.
There's another Beautiful People Linkup that I'm participating in, I found out through Aimee @ To the Barricade! that it was going on. I probably could have been a lot more diligent in finding out myself, but at this point it's too late, isn't it?
Now, the questions this month are rather deep, and Ulysses isn't much of a touchy-feely person, so we'll see how it goes. If he doesn't answer the questions, I will. So there.
Without further ado, here are the questions!

(Side note: Aimee posted pictures of her characters. I can not for the life of me find a picture of Ulysses that really looks like him.)


 What is their secret desire?
Ulysses: Well if I told you that, it wouldn't be a secret, would it?

(He really wants to admit he's in a relationship with Erin, but being the stubborn little sillyhead that he is, he wouldn't dream of ever actually doing it.)
  
What is the best and brightest moment they experience in the story?
 Ulysses: Well, best, probably solving the whole bloody thing, not after being tossed in the air like a wet rag though. That was actually fun, despite the painful aftermath.

(I'm so stoked to write this scene, you have no idea. Also this is true. He's very proud of himself when he solves things)

What are the emotional places your character is afraid to go?
Ulysses: *sighs* Why are you asking me emotion questions. I don't do emotions, they're silly and take you places you don't want to end up. Though, if I must get deep, I suppose I'm a bit nervous to let Erin know that I really would like to...*fidgets with his sleeve* Well, you know, ask her the question...
      (*flails because he didn't tell me this before just now*)

Is there a place/city/room they will never go? Why?
Ulysses: No, not really. I don't really feel like moving back to Pembroke, though, it was boring and life was boring. Nothing really beyond that. I try not to make emotional connections to places.

If they were leaving town, what would they easily throw out? What would they refuse to part with? (Why?)
Ulysses: Well, I can't think of anything in particular to be honest. I don't have much that's really important, though my phone and laptop are nice. Plus I really do like my coat. It's leather and it smells nice and I wouldn't want to give it up. 

What do they want (consciously and tangibly)?
Ulysses: Well, I really do love solving cases more than almost anything, so solving this stupid train fiasco would be nice. Also for Stocker to quit whining. He whines a lot.

On the other hand: what do they need (on the emotional, subconscious level)?       
  Ulysses: I dunno, nothing really. Solving the thing I suppose?
(He needs to get over his fear, yes I said fear, of his emotional connection to Erin and just ask her the questiooonnnn)

If they could change one thing about themselves, what would it be?
 Ulysses: Hmm. Not being so tall would be nice every once in a while. It's hard to fit six feet three inches of anything into a small space, wouldn't you agree?

What is the most humiliating event of their life?  
Ulysses: Well that's a toss-up between having to fake infatuation of this one lady and Erin full out kissing me in front of my friends. The whole shebang, right on the lips. *clears throat* Yep.

What things do they turn to when they need a bit of hope?
Ulysses: Well, Erin, probably. She's pretty good at that sort of thing.

Anyhow, there's a bit of a deeper look into Ulysses! What did you think? Would you like to see more of him?